ABA Tutor – Post-19
Posted 3 months ago
The role involves supporting a young adult in our Post-19 service and out in the community. Working with a team of ABA Tutors, you will provide excellent support using the methods of ABA/VB teaching to a young adult with autism and associated learning difficulties. You will support the ABA Supervisor and ABA Instructor in ensuring the daily needs of our students are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun environment within our Post-19 service. You will need to follow the principles of ABA to enable the students to access learning in a way that allows them to learn new skills at their own pace. Further training on ABA/VB in an adult setting will be given to the successful candidate.
You will need
- An interest in working with children with special needs including autism.
- To be educated to A Level or recognised child care qualification.
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable).
- To be able to work effectively in a team environment.
We usually recruit on a half termly basis. If you were offered employment your start date would be in September, mid-October, January, mid-February, April or mid-June (subject to staffing).
The selection process will involve:
- A clear demonstration on the application form that you meet the requirements of the role.
- A 30 minute interview with a Supervisor and a member of the HR Department.
- A supervised play session with one of our pupils.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.