ABA Tutor – Early Years
Posted 21 days ago
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for the people who work with them and support for their families and carers. We run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and the beginnings of an Early Years’ service. To read more about BeyondAutism Schools, please visit www.beyondautismschools.org.uk.
BeyondAutism have developed a new, innovative service to engage with families at the earliest point of their child’s life. We use the latest research and evidence from ABA/VB practice, delivered by a multidisciplinary team. Our developmentally informed, parent led workshops supported by professionals, will be organised to address engagement, communication and play using the Early Years curriculum, Development Matters and the Early Start Denver Model. During a session parents will have the opportunity to spend some time together, creating a supportive peer group.
What we offer
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
- A range of fantastic staff benefits.
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training.
Who we are looking for
- We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our mission of empowering children with autism to lead fuller lives.
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the children within the school.
- You will need to be willing to learn and work under the supervision of the Supervisors, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers.
To run programmes for children and their parents in our Early Years Provision, gather and analyse data. To plan and deliver engaging and stimulating activities for young children in the programme. To actively support and empower families, explain and model effective strategies and teach skills to parents during the workshops to develop their child`s speech and communication skills through play.
You will need
- An interest in working with children with special needs including autism.
- To be educated to A Level or recognised child care qualification.
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable).
- To be able to work effectively in a team environment.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.