Posted 4 days ago
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Public Finance and Institutions/Chronic Poverty in Action Network
Contract: Fixed term contract for 1 year
Salary: £22,151 – £28,014 pa
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
We are looking for a Programme Administrator to join the Chronic Poverty in Action Network (CPAN) and the Public Finance and Institutions (PFI) Programmes.
You will provide administrative, budgeting and secretarial support to the Chronic Poverty in Action Network and Public Finance and Institutions programmes in ODI.
Key responsibilities include:
Project, financial and contractual administration:
- Assisting with the drafting, monitoring and updating of budgets
- Tracking project expenditure (actual and committed) against budgets
- Checking subcontractor invoices against contracts, coding suppliers’ invoices and getting approval from the appropriate budget holder
- Preparing and assisting in the preparation of subcontracts
- Assisting in the preparation of internal reports and donor reports
- Providing regular financial updates to the Programme Manager
- Helping with the preparation of financial and technical documentation needed to accompany bids
- Assisting in proposal development through proofing, editing and managing inputs
- Organising meetings and events, including contributing to the organization of overseas events: finding and booking venues, arranging facilities (IT, catering etc.), liaising with participants.
- Making international travel and hotel bookings, arranging visas and other logistics.
- Keeping updated records of team travel and work arrangements and ensuring good intra-group communication
Communication and knowledge management
- Developing new ways of communicating research outputs through the creation of content-management driven websites, multimedia presentations, and designing and publishing leaflets and other materials
- Organising and helping to document through written reports and audio-visual material, meetings and workshops, including posting outputs to the ODI website
- Managing publications process from first drafts to camera-ready copy
Support to the Head of CPAN:
- Weekly management, arranging internal and external appointments, meetings and travel, dealing with visitors, printing/filing documents.
- Fielding incoming correspondence and queries, including email management.
- Educated to degree level
- High level of numeracy
- Administrative experience, especially with budget monitoring
- Web/communication experience
- Advanced IT skills to include excel, PowerPoint, Word, databases, email
- Good proof reading and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity, the ability to deal with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work to work under pressure and to strict deadlines