Posted about 2 months ago
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Programme Manager - HPG
Salary: £33,420 - £39,896 per annum
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to oversee the day-to-day development and management of the Humanitarian Policy Group (HPG). HPG is the one of the world's leading teams working on humanitarian issues. We are dedicated to improving humanitarian policy and practice through a combination of high-quality analysis, dialogue and debate. Our work is directed by our Integrated Programme, a body of research designed in consultation with our Advisory Group.
The Programme Manager will support the management of the Integrated Programme (IP) process, the including managing the donor relations. They will oversee the day-to-day management of the HPG budgets and workplans, including financial management of HPG’s annual budget with the Head of HPG. The Programme Manager will support the Head of HPG in developing methods and processes to ensure that programme activities achieve goals and agreed outputs. They will act as the HPG liaison for all Integrated Programme donor relationships to provide operational, and administrative project management support to the HPG programme.
Other key responsibilities include:
· Project, financial and contractual monitoring: Oversee HPG’s financial and contract management including monitoring HPG’s annual budget, internal targets and project milestones
· Donor and project reporting: Produce narrative and financial donor report according to contractual requirements for all of HPG’s projects
· Business development processes: Provide strategic input into deepening collaborative partnerships with current donors and revitalising former funding arrangements. Support project leaders in the preparation of bids and proposals
· Operations management: Ensure effective administration and management systems are in place, according to the setup of the HPG programme, and improve the ability of the programme to solve problems and increase the effectiveness of its core functions
· Educated to degree level in relevant discipline
· High level of numeracy
· Knowledge and experience of coordinating proposals, reports and donors and knowledge management processes
· Experience of dealing with humanitarian sector issues, institutions and processes at an international level
· Experience of working in a highly pressured and changeable working environment, with tight deadlines and multiple priorities
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to manage a wide range of complicated issues and to multitask
· Ability to innovate in order to overcome problems
· Exceptional planning and execution skills
· Ability to work to own initiative with minimum supervision
Closing date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Interview Date: Friday 23rd March 2018
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248