Posted 16 days ago
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Events Manager - Communications
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until 14 September 2018
Salary: £39,897 - £50,466 per annum
ODI is the UK’s leading international development think tank, influencing and shaping policy on major global challenges. Our events bring together the world’s most influential thinkers, decision makers and business leaders to discuss the most critical issues of our time. From our popular #GlobalChallenges debates to our ODI in Conversation series, ODI showcases the latest research on international development and humanitarian policy issues, hosting world-renowned economists, former heads of state and Nobel laureates. We work with global partners to co-host innovative events in London and around the world that help us to widen our reach and influence across sectors beyond development.
ODI is seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Events Manager to join our fast-paced and multi-faceted public affairs and communications team. Responsible for the planning and implementation of ODI’s flagship events strategy, the role will increase ODI’s effectiveness, awareness and reputation while reaching new global stakeholders from within and beyond the international development sector.
A talented leader with experience of securing globally-renowned speakers and delivering high-profile events, this role is an exciting opportunity to develop and enhance ODI’s diverse events programme.
You will have:
- Substantial experience in a comparable senior events post
- A proven track record of delivering high-level events at a national and international level
- Experience of identifying, securing and managing the participation of high profile speakers
- Significant communications experience
- Experience of managing a budget
- Track-record in project management
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work as a constructive member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures
- Excellent attention to detail while also keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to manage work-loads and motivate team members
Closing date: Sunday 20th August
Interviews: 1st September
Start Date: As soon as possible
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at odi.org.uk/jobs. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please contact us on 020 3327 7290 or email@example.com.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer, Charity Reg. No.228248