Posted 3 months ago
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Project Accountant – Finance
Salary: £33,420 - £39,896 per annum
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
ODI has over 600 live projects running at any one time and is currently looking for a proactive Project Accountant to support the Finance department. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting programmes/departments through maintaining the data integrity and reconciliation of ODI’s different data capture and management reporting systems and the provision of financial information as required.
The post holder will be responsible for providing project management, donor reporting and planning support to Programme Officers, Project Leaders, Heads of Programmes and all other stakeholders as required. He/She will also be managing the oversight of individual projects through ODI’s project cycle from initial set up to closure, ensuring ODI’s different management information systems are up to date and reconciled between themselves.
You will have:
- Degree level education
- Accountancy qualification or part qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Knowledge of VAT rules affecting different organisations
- Substantial experience of project accounting
- Experience of working with budgets including variance analysis
- Experience of analysing financial information and interpreting it for non-financial audience
- Experience in using at least two different accounting software packages
- Advanced IT skills, particularly Word, Excel and accountancy software packages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate financial information to non-finance people in a comprehensible manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of customer care principles and willingness to communicate with stakeholders in a pro-active manner
- Ability to prioritise and organise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with a wide range of people
- Willingness to cover for colleagues
Closing date: 30 July 2017
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248