Posted 4 months ago
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Digital Officer - Communications
Contract: 12-Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £28,015 - £33,419 per annum
ODI (odi.org) is the UK’s leading international development think tank, influencing and shaping policy on major global challenges. We are seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Digital Officer to join our fast-paced and multi-faceted public affairs and communications team.
ODI is the UK’s leading international development think tank, influencing and shaping policy on major global challenges. The organisation aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice. Our ambition is to increase the impact of our work, bringing it to wider audiences through stronger and more effective communications.
ODI is looking for an experienced digital practitioner who can support the organisation’s digital programme, project manage the creation and placement of digital content, oversee the day-to-day management of digital channels and advise others in the organisation in following best practice.
A talented self-starter, you will work closely with all members of the communications team, but in particular with the Digital Manager, Senior Digital Officer and Designer. You will be a forward-thinking person, with excellent professional skills and ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever you might be needed.
You will have:
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills, with experience in writing for web
- Ability to work to ODI’s editorial guidelines and policies
- Ability to summarise complex data and messages
- Experience and knowledge of social media platforms, particularly Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Experience of developing multimedia content such as infographics, video, audio, animations and photo stories
- Experience of using a content management system to create and publish website content
- Experience of using Google Analytics and other tools to report on online performance
- Experience of email marketing, especially in Mailchimp
- Knowledge of SEO
- Keen interest in and awareness of latest trends in digital comms, multimedia and social media
- Strong IT skills; ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Well organised, flexible, and efficient
- Approachable and professional manner
Closing date: Sunday 23rd July 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 31st July 2017