Posted about 1 year ago
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Salary: £28,015 – £33,419 pa
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
The Research and Policy in Development (RAPID) programme at ODI works to improve the integration and use of research-based evidence and local knowledge by policy-makers and practitioners for development impact. We work with researchers, think tanks, civil society organisations, developing country governments and donors.
We are looking for a Communications Officer who will enhance the impact of RAPID’s research on development policy and practice, taking the lead in developing and producing RAPID’s research outputs and online engagement.
Other key responsibilities include:
· Supporting development and implementation of the RAPID communications strategy to expand our global reach and influence.
· Managing and developing RAPID’s output production and dissemination processes.
· Arranging policy engagement events.
· Coordinating RAPID’s digital communications, including digital platforms and social media.
· Monitoring outputs, messages and potential impact.
- Educated to at least degree level.
- Practical experience in a comparable communications post.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, including writing for the web.
- Experience of graphic design and InDesign.
- Practical website skills and good knowledge of communications through digital and social media tools.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access.
- Experience of working with international networks.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Closing date: 02 July 2017
Interview dates: 11 July 2017
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248